Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dover Castle

I can't believe how many times I have been to France from Dover and never been in the castle before.
I suppose we had the long journey back to Scotland to think about.
Before we got to where I took this first photo we had already been in one of the underground tunnels. The one we went in was used as a hospital during World War Two. I'm glad I had Charis's hand to hold - it was scary when the sound effects started . . . the air raid siren, the bomb, the surgeon's voice as he prepared to operate on a Mosquito pilot - as we stood round an empty operating table!'
This was the innermost highest part.












Lots of hands on stuff

















The throne room.












The peregrine falcon waiting to swoop on the meat . .















Fish and chips - the grand finale - eaten while watching the ferries depart, and wishing we were on them!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

SeasideKaren said...

Look like a super day, Juliet......but the fish and chips are my favourite! They always taste so much better eaten in the fresh air, and by the sea too....yum, I can almost taste them from here!

Hevs said...

It was a wonderful day out! And we are just thinking about where our next one should be to...