Thursday, April 23, 2009

La Porte d'enfer.

La porte d'enfer is a little cove on the north eastern, Atlantic coast of Guadeloupe. France being a Catholic country, Ash Wednesday is a bank holiday and one of the church groups organised a walk in the woods and then bathing at this beach. I haven't taken many photos of the calm bit where people were paddling and swimming - it was far too exciting looking out to the ocean!
Can you believe the man swimming so near that rough water!
It was possible to walk - well climb, or clamber, up onto the limestone cliffs which surround this place. To get a photo of me I put my camera on the ledge of a big rock and thought how happy I was to be there!
For this photo we drove up on the cliffs opposite where there is a parking space and a wall on the edge, just behind us.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

bachman said...

If that beautiful sight is hell (enfer) then it is awe-inspiring to even try to imagine what heaven is like!