Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Recent scrapbook pages.


This is a double layout with the London page on the right because thats the way you fly to Guadeloupe across the Atlantic.
I painted the paper first cos I had no blue cardstock that day.
The material is called 'Madras' (as in India). After the abolition of the slave trade they brought people from India to run the sugar plantations.
I found these flowers at the Ally Pally Scrapbook show - the label said they are frangipani. I found some growing in Guadeloupe.
Look at the shape of Guadeloupe - no wonder they call it 'le Papillon' - the butterfly.
The title is hand cut from my writing and various bits of paint and glitter added.











Pika is the name of the family land in Guadeloupe.
Cass cass liked going there with her dad while Lissa was at school.
I am very proud of my anthurium flowers which grow there. I made them by painting pipe cleaners white at one end, green at the other. The petal is a heart shaped piece of paper (2 layers stuck together)
The title is chipboard painted and glittered and the journalling patch made out of 2 different sized circles.
The larger one is cut out the size of a tin of custard lid.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynz said...

They are lovely! Very clever little embellies on the first (thoughtful you!) and you *should* be proud of those flowers on the second! They totally look pro.

Hevs said...

You mean they are not real ones??? I am sure Papy would think they are from Pika! Fantastic pages!