Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Things I have made so far in 2010.

This is a knitting pattern I found by putting 'dinosaurs' into google.
This is Mr Broccoli made for Jo Jo to celebrate his being able to say 'dinosaur'!

Then his sisters got in on the act - this is Miss Marigold who now belongs to LissaLou

and Miss Snowdrop who belongs to CassCass

and these are made from material bought in Guadeloupe.
When the slave trade ended, workers were needed for the sugar plantations and refineries. Replacement staff were brought in from India. They brought this fabric pattern with them. It is very similar to the patterned fabric from India and known as Madras.
I am sure there must be a Scottish connection too - its so like tartan!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

SeasideKaren said...

ooh Juliet those dinosaurs look lovely, and very friendly too!
I agree about the madras, it must definitely have Scottish roots somewhere!
I think your dinosaurs might like to follow the adventures of monkey..if you google "mum's monkey" you should get a link to a knitted monkey who has lots of lovely adventures!

Giulietta said...

I will do that Karen. Thanks for that link. I have been trying too encourage Lissa to make up stories so that might help.
Last week they had a book called 'Harry and his Dinosaurs' - he kept them in a seaside type bucket.

Becky said...

Love those dinosaurs Juliet! Really cute.