Sunday, November 26, 2017

Black and White Photo Challenge

This seemed like an easy enough challenge  - no people, no explanations - so I decided to take part - especially as I was challenged by 2 separate people !
 This first one was taken while I waited for a bus on the Isle of Skye
 I liked the texture of the towels and the rug on the hotel bed !
Over the sea to Skye
 The Forth Road Bridges
 My slippers are not particularly comfortable but I love the shiny blue green colour !
The Cross of Lorraine overlooking Gourock, commemorates the Free French using the Scottish port during World War 2
I was coming down this staircase thinking it was a suitable location for wearing a crinoline when I got a skelf under my finger nail from the bannister. That brought my dreams to a rapid end !

These trees are Pinus Alba, white pines , growing on the Mount Stuart Estate on the Isle of Bute. The sitting room of my childhood home was panelled with white pine from this estate. It had been the priest's house, and there was a strong link between Cumnock and Mount Stuart through the Bute family.
I must say I enjoyed this challenge. The lack of colour makes you look more at the patterns and composition. But I did miss the colours !

No comments: