Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A thing about bricks.

Romeo and I took the bus to Euston station today to buy 2 tickets to Scotland at the end of July. Does anyone know if you can buy 2 tickets online and get the seats together if one person has a railcard and the other doesn't?
Some people in front of us on the top deck were discussing the architecture of the buildings we were passing.
'Look at all that glass and concrete on these modern buildings!' they said.
'No', said the man, pointing backwards to St Pancras station, 'I prefer that - I have a thing about bricks!'
Well - certainly, plenty of them have been used to build St Pancras!!
I wonder what dealings he has had with bricks. Was he a bricklayer, or had he baked them in the sunshine in his village. I wonder if he has a preference for red ones or yellow ones.
What have you got a 'thing' about? My mother had a 'thing' about brass and bone china.

1 comment:

Hevs said...

Online you can select two adults travelling and then it asks how many of you have the particular railcard, in this case one. However, if you both had a different kind of railcard I can't see any way of booking together online and therefore getting seats together.
I have a thing for babies right now!!! Otherwise it is touching materials that feel nice, ie velvet, fur, suede...