Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Diary for 2013


It started off as a plain notebook from Paperchase. The first task was to count the pages and give an equal number to each month, marked by a foam tab.












Then I decorated the January pages.


















After that I removed the card covers, and because I couldn't think how to make all these holes in the cover fabric, I painted them! (with acrylic paint)









I added some foam padding on the front. Another time I wouldn't use foam - the edges are too sharp. Blanket or similar would be better.












Lots of glue and on goes the fabric.
I bought the fabric at The Stitch and Knit Show at Alexandra Palace - from an Indian stall. They operate in Bradford, importing fabrics.
It reminds me of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and The Kashmir Shawl - both great stories!


The finished product. Sorry about the Chinese type writing - I'll need to practice some Indian script sometime!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Yeah it worked :) Glad the book all went back together.