Thursday, July 24, 2008

A BIG surprise!

Shortly before leaving to return to the UK, Hevs told me my return ticket was a first class one!! Entering the first class carriage was like going into a cathedral - every sound was deadened at source. The coach was no where near full and there were no children in sight - this was good when I only wanted my own particular children. I had a seat on my own - no need to make polite conversation.On Eurostar, first class involves a meal... a very delicious one, served with great concern for the traveller. For me yesterday, it involved a bottle of red wine and later, a glass of champagne!

The menu? Apple juice and a bread roll, salad, pork with a rosemary sauce, a French style strawberry tart, coffee and a chocolate. With the aforementioned red wine and champagne. The train was so steady that not a drop of these drinks was in any danger of being spilt.

It was all over far too soon thanks to 186 mph. It left me amazed that such luxury could dry the tears so effectively - maybe money does buy a better class of misery!!

Thank you very much Heather!

1 comment:

Hevs said...

Glad you enjoyed it mum! You deserved it after all that hard work!