Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mainly for my Children

One morning recently I opened the curtains too enthusiastically. The wooden rod unscrewed itself and several loops slipped off.
Ali, I called, could you screw the curtain rail together again for me. And he did, right then. It was only later I realised that he had left the loops dangling. He had done exactly what I'd asked.

When Dad explained this to him he unscrewed the rail and put the loops back on. This is not an easy job as it involves a rickety ladder and the glass in that window is not thick enough for window glass. I know, I put it in years ago.
The finished result for which we are grateful.
It reminded us of the time when Ali was about 10 years old.I was making custard when the doorbell rang. I went to answer asking Ali to 'watch the milk' and he did. He watched it boil over!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: