Friday, July 25, 2008

Funny Peculiar and Funny Ha Ha

This lovely painting is on the staircase wall of our host's house in France. It a map of their homeland - Guadeloupe.These people are connected to their home island in the same way that I am connected to Scotland. Guadeloupe is a departement of France and is to be found in the West Indies near Martinique (which is also France).Very peculiar then that the week before I visited this very welcoming home, I should trip on a raised paving stone, and fall over. The result is to be seen in the photo below. Can you see the similarity?Do you think its a sign? If so, what of ?!
And now for funny ha ha.
We proceeded from La gare du Nord to La gare de l'Est where we took a local train to complete our journey. We were met at the station and all piled into the car. I was told to sit in the front since children are safer in the back. I did so and fastened my safety belt and wondered why everyone was laughing at me. I had gone to the driver's seat ( of the left hand drive) and not even seen the steering wheel!!

1 comment:

Hevs said...

It is indeed a sign...pay close attention to where you are walking on London roads!!