Monday, September 20, 2010

The silver cloud at Ilford.

While our daughter and her family went on holiday, we were able to spend 10days or so looking after their house and garden. Imagine
my joy on walking into their house and seeing this work of Lissa Lou's on the back of the kitchen door. All week I thought to myself 'aren't I lucky to be the Grandma at the top of the tree!'

They have a French laptop with an AZERTY keyboard which I worked hard at mastering. It also had the 'O' key missing. You have to press very hard to get it to work so I tried various alternatives which cause a certain amount of hilarity on Facebook. I received suggestions about books and teeshirts searching for the missing 'O'.

It was a great pleasure to see Brian taking such an interest in the garden. At this moment he is there helping to weed and tidy up for the winter - something he never felt confident enough to do in our shard garden.

Another pleasure to sit in the garden at 6am topping and tailing gooseberries for the freezer.
Thank you Heather and Alberto - can you book us in for next summer and for 2012...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: