Monday, September 20, 2010

Silver linings in Glasgow

Charles Rennie Mackintosh and his wife designed the interior of their home in their own special style - and it it stunning! This is a replica, attached to the Hunterian Art Gallery.

We spent a wet day travelling by land and sea to visit my sister and her family in Dunoon. 4 generations here!

This is one of my favourite views in Glasgow. On the left is the Cathedral and beyond it is the graveyard known as the Necropolis. The highest statue up there is of John Knox, the Scottish reformer.

On the day we went to Loch Lomond the sun came out. I don't know how many picnics I have had over on the side behind Evie's head. On this occasion we stayed at Lomond Shores, the visitor centre at the south end of the loch.
Thanks for being such a good travel companion, Evie.
And I still haven't got round to the lovely flowers in the Botanics...Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Oh that is gorgeous scenery - and so glad you got to spend time with your family.

Linda said...

wow you take fabulous photos Juilet! I love Loch Lomond! We stopped at Luss for a coffee in the rain on our way up to Skye in August.