Friday, January 16, 2009

This is the week that was - 2

I wanted to start with 2 photos - but its not working, so that will be a separate post.

Church - last Sunday I was early to set up the sound system but because I was teaching in the Sunday school my friend Peter ran it for me.
Another friend, John, helped me in the group. Since there are 5 boys in the group (and only 1 girl) it was a big success and I appreciated his presence. His Bible knowledge and powerful prayers were also appreciated.

Hippo Club is a major outreach of the church. To impart this vision there was a mock up during the service! On Wednesday morning it was busier than the week before. I love to see the church full of toys - large and small - for the children, and lots of people enjoying themselves, having a cup of coffee and chatting to each other.

In the evening, it was back to the church for a meeting of the redevelopment committee. Suffice it to say that the cavernous building has been so cold this winter, we are anxious to do something!

Hospital - this week there were a lot of unwell and uncheerful patients - except for one lady who told me she was Armenian and a Christian. Although unwell, she was very cheerful.

People I have seen - on the way home from the hospital I met Verona for lunch in the new cafe in James Selby. They do very nice organic soup.
On Sunday we had a large apple crumble in honour of our visitors, M and E, friends of the Craigies who have come to live in this part of London.

On TV - I watched interviews with Will Smith, so decided to catch up on some videos. For some reason I chose 'Lost in Translation', but missed a lot cos I didn't know how to work the pause function! But I do, now!

The weather - has been slightly warmer most days - mostly above freezing.

In the garden - at the moment it is still dark, and has just stopped raining. Storms forecast for this afternoon. Oh dear, Evie is going to a wedding.

Things I have bought - two new pairs of flip flop type sandals, in the sales, and 3 books in Borders '3 for 2' offer. Never before have I seen 3 books all at once that I wanted to read! The man who served me said it was a 'cosmic collision 'type of event! Also got my scrapbook magazine.

Things I have done - At last I have finished saving (drying) all the photos in storage. They are now safely stored in plastic boxes.
I have packed and posted a little parcel for the birthday girl in Bemaho.
I have finished the covers of a book of photos for Papy. I have progressed with several scrapbook pages - the Gospel Oak paddling pool. the Museum of Childhood, and The Lonely Dragon.

I am looking forward to starting a scrapbook of my life - I have the baby photos ready - and doing some work on my Circle Scrapbook.

1 comment:

Hevs said...

The photos sound great - papy will be delighted to see some just for him. Look forward to seeing the finished job of your life one day! Was trying to work out why you were buying flip flops in the freezing temps you have..!
Who are these people getting married in Dec & Jan...
Thanks for saving the photos! Did you find my baby ones among them...
Feel free to post photos of your scrapbook pages we would love to see them.