Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week 3 - scenes from around the house.


The Christmas cards have come down, but we rather liked the pattern made by the strings and little gold pegs which attached them. The bottom string now has 2 calenders on it - one from Canada, and one from the London City Mission. Very Useful.
About 6 pm on Friday the doorbell rang. Romeo went but soon called me. For a split second I thought it was Bertie (!). Turned out it was a delivery from Interflora with the flowers on the left. Roses, tulips, narcissus of some kind, and freezia. Wish you could smell them! They are a thank you present from the friend whose husband I visited while she was away on Family Business. See week 1 if you've forgotten.The flowers on the left are alstroemeria - a thank you for helping Romeo to persevere in looking for the camera receipt - or something!
A couple of other things this week. On Saturday nights there is presently an excellent programme on The History of Scotland. It is presented by the wonderful Neil Oliver of 'Coast' fame. It has driven me to start reading Magnus Magnusson's 'Scotland' Now, counting the new book on Photoshop, I have 4 books on the go!
I have started researching the family tree of cousinJ. Its especially interesting on his maternal paternal side as there is an archbishop 3 or 4 hundred years ago.
Posted by PicasaLooking forward; Tomorrow at church is 'Guess who's coming to lunch'. Oh I hope I don't get put with anyone who just has sandwiches for Sunday lunch!
Tomorrow is Burns Night - but in this house we will celebrate on Monday.
Watch this space!!

2 comments:

Hevs said...

What lovely flowers! I dont suppose the daffs are out yet are they... I could celebrate Burns night here but if they rejected my jelly just what would they say to haggis! Actually, they would probably love it as it is just like boudin.
The Scotland programme sounds very interesting - worth getting on DVD. I never did see the whole of Coast so that would be too There is a programme on Scotland here this week, it is described as "un pays rude et legendaire" - er rude!!! What could they mean by that!
We dont have any LCM calendar, sniff sniff. In fact we dont have any calendar here!
When you say cousin J do you mean your cousin or mine or the girls'..

Giulietta said...

No daffodils as yet.
There are other meanings of rude,in French, you rascal!
I mean the girls'cousin in Suffolk.
Neither you nor I have a cousinJ, well I do -2- at least but not people I am in touch with!
A calender will arrive no doubt.
Coast was very good last week - about Ireland so our dear neighbour loved it.