Saturday, January 24, 2009

week 3

On Tuesday I came home from the hospital quite early to book my seat for the inauguration of Barack Obama as President of the USA. Actually I got the computer chair and watched it with the eyes on the back of my head. Yay! (as Evie says!) Two whole hours and nobody throwing me off the computer! One bit I did stop to watch - and listen- was Pastor Rick Warren leading the nation in prayer. I think that his book on the structure of the local church is in my top ten favourites of all time.
On Wednesday it was back to the church for Hippo Club. Another busy morning talking to various parents and carers. One was impressed at me remembering his name. I said it was due to my days as a teacher, when it was a more effective means of discipline than just bellowing 'YOU!Stop that!'
On Wednesday afternoon I braved the buses at the Angel (there are ongoing gas works...) to get to Borders to see what the books on Photoshop Elements were like. I found one I could understand, a bit pricey though - until I noticed the 25% off all computer books offer.There are offers and reductions on nearly everything these days - sign of the recession, I suppose.
From there I proceded to Hanbury (first time in a year)(first photo) for a function to celebrated the life of Mary who originally came as her daughter's carer and stayed to make cups of tea and help out wherever she could. Sadly Mary passed away recently at 80 years of age. She was still coming until a few weeks ago. She loved and cared for her Hanbury boys.
Second photo - A high wind last weekend got under the Russin Vine/Mile a Minute creeper, in the area of the dustbins and lived it right over the wall. I cleaned and sharpened all the secateur type tools that we have and this kind neighbour did the business!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: