Saturday, October 4, 2014

Birmingham (photos for Malcolm)

Evie had a day's photographic work in Birmingham and asked me if I'd like to accompany her. While she went to the Home for Good conference, I had the day to myself in the city centre.
First on the list was to take some photos for Malcolm:
This is the Oratory in Hagley Road.
When I went in, and sat down, I was quite amazed by the wave of emotion that swept over me. I knelt and prayed for quite a while. I gave thanks for all the good that has come from Catholicism, prayed about the divisions through the centuries, and prayed too for the victims of  different aspects.
Add caption


This is Perrott's Folly - quite near the Oratory.  Its thought it may have been the inspiration for The Two Towers  ( sorry Malc, I didn't see the second tower !)

And this is 37 Duchess Rd . . .
The point of these photos is that these places all had some connection to JRRTolkien.

No comments: