Sunday, October 5, 2014

Highlights from September in Scotland

I've been home a week now and the highlights of my time in Scotland have remained constant.

 Being able to go into the church across the road from my childhood home. I had never been in it despite growing up within yards of it. It is so beautiful that I was moved to tears which were partly caused by the fact that such beauty was close by and I was unaware of it.
There's a sermon there!
Photos were the last thing on my mind so have a look at the links:

St John's RC church, Cumnock
The church website


These are the Islands of Eigg and Rum viewed from Arisaig. When I got here, I realised this is where I had been aiming at - the end of this particular journey, but showing further horizons for future occasions. Out of  1700 photos its one of the best, and since it has become the most significant one for me.



 This is Clanadonia playing outside the Concert Hall in Glasgow. I watched them for ages especially the one on the right. He played with real passion, and made me think 'this is how I want to live my life, and worship my God.'


People said how relaxed and happy I looked in the photos from this time - and this is my favourite one.


I haven't mentioned the people I met, and I'm not going to because I'd be sure to miss someone out. However its safe to say that everyone I met made a difference and contributed to the best time I have ever had in Scotland.  Even although the Referendum ended with a no vote. 

No comments: