Friday, October 3, 2014

Dumfries House

There are certain trees that make me feel happy and excited - and Redwoods are definitely in that category!
I was delighted to see them as we parked the car at Dumfries House.





This is another place that I'd grown up close to, but never seen. I had passed it on weekly trips to Ayr. My sister was close friends with the daughter of one of the estate game keepers. It was in the news recently when Prince Charles became involved in saving the house and the estate for the nation.
Thank you for taking me, Anne, it was a good afternoon!
We weren't allowed to take photos in the house - but the chairs were covered in fabrics to die for - yellow and blue - beautiful stuff! And there is a Chippendale sideboard - worth £20 million - at least!


Dumfries House
Redwoods at Dumfries House

No comments: